Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Color + Pattern































We all have our guidelines on what looks good, on what goes well together etc. What I think looks good sure as hell would be different than the next fashionista. That's the true embodiment of personal style. Traditionally, mixing patterns and colors together have a reputation of not going together. However, I so beg to differ. Bow tie Monday meant I wore what I think looked good. It didn't matter whether or not it matched traditionally, I quite loved the way everything was placed together. I've seen it done in countless shows, like Marc by Marc, Thom Browne, Prada, and more. Traditional dress really is important for foundational purposes --- but why not build off of that? Personally, when done right, you can do anything.

How do you feel about mixing things together? Have an example??

Sunglasses - Vintage
Shirt and Sweater - H&M
Bow Tie - Vintage


Ps. Gentlemen, starting your week off with a bow tie brings so many great things to your week, and it definitely eases the Mondays.

No comments:

Post a Comment